Gateway Fiber Operating, LLC Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) discloses the privacy practices for Gateway Fiber Operating, LLC (“Gateway Fiber”). This Privacy Statement provides information on how Gateway Fiber collects, uses and discloses information gathered in connection with (1) the Gateway Fiber website, associated subdomains and related features and (2) the Fiber Network Phone and Fiber Network Internet Services.
1. Information Collection.
Gateway Fiber collects Personal Information that you choose to provide to us when you engage in certain activities on this Site, otherwise use the Services, or contact us to request information. “Personal Information” is the types of information identified below.
Contact Information: Gateway Fiber may collect information, including, without limitation, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers, and zip code.
User Information: Gateway Fiber may also collect user information, including, without limitation, driver’s license number, date of birth, Social Security Number, credit information and bank account or credit card numbers, your payment preferences, subscriber correspondence, or other demographic information, such as size of household.
Analytical Information: Gateway Fiber may further collect analytical information, including, without limitation, the pages and products viewed, ads that you clicked on, emails from Gateway Fiber that you opened, the time of your visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the webpages; the Uniform Resource Locator of the websites you visit before and after visiting the Site; referring site details; network location; browser type; operating system or mobile operating system; your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; and device information.
Gateway Fiber may also collect Personal Information from third parties, including when you choose to participate in a third-party application or features such as on a social media page or a similar application or feature on a third-party website.
2. Use Of Information Collected.
Gateway Fiber may use your Personal Information (a) to provide you the Services and to send you pertinent information regarding the Services, (b) to configure and improve the Services, (c) for the purposes described at the time you submit it (for example, your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address provided while ordering one of Gateway Fiber’s products or services will be used in connection with the processing and fulfillment of your order), (d) to contact you to make you aware of other products and services of interest, and (e) to respond to your inquiries about services and/or support.
When you use the Services, Gateway Fiber may automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to track your movement on the Site to improve its layout and page arrangement, get information on your browser type to ensure the Site remains compatible with the browsers used by Gateway Fiber’s customers, improve your experience with the Services, to provide more efficient transactions and more useful applications, or to promote Gateway Fiber’s services. Gateway Fiber may also use your Analytical Information in the aggregate to determine market trends and trends in customer behavior and to improve navigation of the Site.
Gateway Fiber may also collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze non-personally identifiable data or information (data or information that does not identify an entity or natural person as the source thereof) resulting from your access to the Site and your use and operation of the Services. To the extent any such data or information is collected or generated by us, the data and information will be solely owned by us, and Gateway Fiber may use it for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated form, without directly identifying you, any user or customer, or any other entity or natural person as the source thereof.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
Gateway Fiber may share your Personal Information to provide a product or service you have requested.
Gateway Fiber may share your Personal Information with the following categories of persons where permitted by applicable laws: service providers that perform tasks on Gateway Fiber’s behalf related to Gateway Fiber’s business, such as analytical services, marketing services that may provide you advertising on Gateway Fiber’s behalf, customer service, employment services, or social media services; installation, repair, and subscriber assistance subcontractors; entities providing services to us that Gateway Fiber resells or licenses to you; billing and collection services; program guide distributors; software vendors; firms conducting market research on Gateway Fiber’s behalf; and other related legal entities.
Gateway Fiber may disclose your Personal Information as required or appropriate by law, including: (a) to comply with legal process and to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (b) to enforce Gateway Fiber’s terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; and (d) to protect Gateway Fiber’s operations. Gateway Fiber may also disclose information about you to representatives of government, taxing authorities, or other regulatory authorities in furtherance of Gateway Fiber’s legitimate business activities.
Your Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires Gateway Fiber’s business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding.
4. Your Choices.
You may limit collection of certain of your Personal Information by not sharing it with Gateway Fiber. However, it is important to remember that if you limit the collection of your information, the Services may not function properly, and Gateway Fiber might not be able to fully respond to your questions.
5. Information Storage and Retention
Gateway Fiber maintains reasonable technical safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of your Personal Information. However, as effective as any security measure may be, no security system is impenetrable or 100% secure or error-free. Gateway Fiber cannot guarantee the complete security of Gateway Fiber’s database, nor can Gateway Fiber guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
7. Your Personal Account.
If you choose to register and use an online account on this Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You also agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. When you provide information through or otherwise interact with our Sites, this information may become public on the Internet.
8. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
- Google Analytics:
- Do Not Track. Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to, or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
9. Links to Social Media and External Sites.
10. Commitment to Children’s Privacy.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, this website does not collect information from children under thirteen (13) years of age, and Gateway Fiber does not intentionally collect information from persons under thirteen (13) years of age. Use of the Services is limited to users that are eighteen (18) years of age and older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
12. Contacting Us.
Last Revised: January, 2024
(2) HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND PHONE SERVICE CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) specifically addresses how Gateway Fiber protects its subscribers’ privacy in connection with the delivery of Gateway Fiber’s Fiber Network Internet and Fiber Network Phone Services (“Internet and Phone Services”) to you. Additional terms and conditions apply to the Internet and Phone Services offered by Gateway Fiber and can be found in your Customer Service Agreement.
1. What Types Of Customer Information Does Gateway Fiber Collect?
Some of the customer information Gateway Fiber collects identifies or can potentially identify you (“Personal Information”), such as your name, address and telephone numbers; your Social Security Number; credit information and bank account or credit card numbers; your payment preferences; subscriber correspondence; or other demographic information, such as size of household. Gateway Fiber’s records also contain identifiable commercial information on billing and payment history, maintenance and repairs, inquiry and technical support interaction, service options you have chosen, and other information related to the installation, maintenance and support of the Internet and Phone Services provided to you.
Gateway Fiber may also collect the following service-specific Customer Information, which includes some identifiable Personal Information, depending on the Internet and Phone Services to which you subscribe:
- Fiber Network Phone Service. As part of delivering Fiber Network Phone Service, Gateway Fiber may keep information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of your use of phone services, calling patterns and information contained on your telephone bill concerning the phone services you receive. When Gateway Fiber receives that information solely as a result of its provision of telephone service to you and that information is accompanied by your name, address, or telephone number, it is known as Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”) and is subject to special protections. Gateway Fiber uses, discloses and permits access to CPNI only in very limited circumstances and in compliance with applicable law and as explained in this Privacy Notice.
- Fiber Network Internet Service. If you subscribe to Gateway Fiber’s Fiber Network Internet Service, Gateway Fiber transmits and may collect and store for a period of time, information including Personal Information generated by the Fiber Network Internet Service when you send and receive email, video mail, and instant messages, transfer and share files, make files accessible, visit websites or post blogs, comments, or other information.
2. How Does Gateway Fiber Use Customer Information such as Personal Information and CPNI?
Gateway Fiber uses Customer Information primarily to conduct business activities related to Gateway Fiber’s provision of reliable and high quality Internet and Phone Services. More specifically, Gateway Fiber may use Personal Information or CPNI to: install, maintain, support, and upgrade the Internet and Phone Services and the devices and software Gateway Fiber uses to provide them; to bill properly for the Internet and Phone Services; to send you pertinent information regarding the Internet and Phone Services; to configure and improve the Internet and Phone Services offered to you; to detect unauthorized and fraudulent use of the Internet and Phone Services; and for Gateway Fiber’s tax and accounting purposes.
3. When Does Gateway Fiber Disclose Customer Information To Third Parties?
Gateway Fiber considers this information confidential and will disclose this information only in certain instances necessary to render the Internet and Phone Services to you, or to carry out related activities in the ordinary course of Gateway Fiber’s business, at a frequency that varies in accordance with the particular need. The types of persons to whom information about you may be disclosed without your prior consent include, but are not limited to, installation, repair, and subscriber assistance subcontractors; entities providing services to Gateway Fiber that are resold or licensed to you; and billing and collection services.
Gateway Fiber may also use or disclose Personal Information and CPNI, without your consent, to protect Gateway Fiber’s customers, employees or property in emergency situations, in court, or elsewhere; to enforce Gateway Fiber’s rights under Gateway Fiber’s terms of service and related policies; if your account is referred to a collection agency or attorney; as part of a sale or transfer of Gateway Fiber’s Internet and Phone Services; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
4. Special Disclosure about CPNI.
In addition to general privacy practices about Customer Information we collect about you in connection with the Internet and Phone Services, Gateway Fiber complies with certain federal laws on the use, disclosure, or permitting access to your CPNI. As such, the following applies when Gateway Fiber collects your CPNI through its Fiber Network Phone Service:
- Under applicable federal laws, you have the right, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI.
- Gateway Fiber may use and disclose your CPNI with its parent company, affiliates and agents in order to develop and marketing other products and services that may be of interest to you, unless and until you exercise the right to “opt out” or disapprove of this use and disclosure. If you do not opt out or disapprove, we will begin such use within [30?] days after we provide this notice to you. If you do not want Gateway Fiber to use disclose your CPNI to its parent company, affiliates or agents or other customer information to third parties for mailing lists in connection with the promotion of Gateway Fiber products and services, please contact us by mail at Gateway Fiber, 275 N. Service Road, Wright City, MO 63390 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out or disapprove of that use and disclosure, that will not affect how we provide the Fiber Network Phone Service to you.
- If you would like to direct us to disclose your CPNI to any person, please make an affirmative written request by mail using the same method described above.
- Where required by applicable laws, Gateway Fiber will provide you with a separate notice and obtain your approval before using, disclosing, or permitting access to your CPNI for additional purposes. If you provide that approval or decides to disapprove the additional purposes, we will honor your choice until you affirmatively revoke or limit such approval or disapproval.
- Where required by applicable laws, Gateway Fiber will provide you with a separate notice and obtain your consent before sending you emails about your Fiber Network Phone Service or your CPNI.
Fiber Network Phone Service Information. Gateway Fiber may disclose Customer Information, including, but not limited to, Personal Information, in connection with Gateway Fiber’s Fiber Network Phone Service, such as in providing directory service, Caller ID, and 911/E911. By using the Fiber Network Phone Service, your name and telephone number may be transmitted and displayed on a caller identification (“Caller ID”) device unless you have elected to block such information (Caller ID blocking may not prevent the display of your name and telephone number if you dial certain business numbers, 911 or toll-free 800, 888, 877, or 866 numbers). Fiber Network Phone Service subscribers can designate their telephone listings as non-published for print or electronic directories or for directory assistance services. Gateway Fiber does not publish these directories and is not responsible for their accuracy or content.
6. When Is Disclosure of Customer Information Required by Law?
Gateway Fiber must disclose Customer Information, including Personal Information and CPNI, when required by the terms of a valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. If a court order requires Gateway Fiber to disclose Personal Information or CPNI to a third party, Gateway Fiber is required to notify you. Gateway Fiber may, without your consent, disclose your Personal Information and CPNI to representatives of government or to comply with a court order. Furthermore, Gateway Fiber will notify the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of information about child pornography that Gateway Fiber becomes aware of in the course of providing Gateway Fiber’s Internet and Phone Services. This information may be provided without a court order, and Gateway Fiber does not have to provide you notice and the opportunity to contest such disclosure.
Gateway Fiber may send you email and/or in-browser messages with transactional or relationship messages related to your Internet and Phone Services, including information on changes in terms or features, updates and upgrades, new features to which you are entitled, and information on system outages. You may contact Gateway Fiber at any time by calling or emailing its customer service department at (888)201-4339 or email@example.com to request removal from Gateway Fiber’s customer contact list.
7. How Long Does Gateway Fiber Keep Customer Information?
Gateway Fiber will maintain your Personal Information and CPNI only as long as it is necessary to either comply with any mandatory record retention periods imposed by law or as long as it is necessary for Gateway Fiber’s business purposes, whichever is longer. This period may include the time during which you are a subscriber to the Internet and Phone Services, plus a period of time after you cease to be an active subscriber, in order for Gateway Fiber to comply with its regulatory and business obligations.
8. Changes To Privacy Notice.
Gateway Fiber will notify you of this Privacy Notice annually. Gateway Fiber reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. Gateway Fiber encourages you to periodically review this Privacy Notice.
9. May I Inspect Customer Information?
You have the right to inspect Gateway Fiber’s records containing Customer Information about you, and to correct any errors in such information. In most cases, the Personal Information contained in these records consists solely of billing and account information. If you wish to inspect Gateway Fiber’s records at Gateway Fiber’s local business office, please notify us in writing at the address below thirty (30) days in advance to arrange an appointment during Gateway Fiber’s regular business hours.
10. Contacting Us.
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice should be directed to Gateway Fiber through the “Contact Us” link on Gateway Fiber’s website (www.gatewayfiber.com), via U.S. mail at Gateway Fiber / 275 N. Service Road, Wright City, MO 63390PO Box 210/ Jonesburg, MO 63351 / Attention: Gateway Fiber Manager, or by calling Gateway Fiber’s customer service line at (888)201-4339.
Updated January 2024